Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A good rain...again!



With all the drought we have had, the rain this evening is so welcome. My gardens are looking really good and are in full force right now. The Globemaster Alliums are one of my very favorites. I was looking back at the hail damage to my gardens that happened on May 31 last year. It pretty much devastated my gardens for the season. They recovered, but they never gained their grandeur after that storm. The white "snow" you see in the picture is actually the hail. I tried to scoop it up in buckets so my plants wouldn't freeze.

My Purple pavement rose is so hardy and it smells wonderful right now. It's the best plant. YOu do absolutely nothing to it and it grows like crazy.
There is nothing more relaxing than wandering through the garden!

No comments: